Images have been released of the luxurious Thai villa where cricket legend Shane Warne was found dead after a suspected heart attack.

Shane Warne had travelled with friends to a luxury island villa with a games room, infinity pool and stunning views of Thailand just hours before his shock death.

The 52-year-old spin king was found unconscious at the Samujana Villas resort on the island of Koh Samui in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Warne had been on a boys trip with four friends, with the cricket legend spotted just 24 hours earlier laughing with fans at the airport.

The group travelled to the island, the third-largest in Thailand, before settling into the villa on the northwest part of the land.

Surrounded by crystal-clear ocean and white sand, Samujana is located just ten minutes from the airport in the Cheong Mon area, nestled into a stunning hillside.

The villa, priced anywhere between $1000 – $4000 per night overlooks a Coral Cove, with Warne and his friends given private beach access and uninterrupted views of Samui.

With only 23 “charming” villas on location ranging from one to eight bedrooms, each are equipped with an oversized private infinity pool.

The group were treated to modern Thai architecture, breathtaking views, leisure facilities as well as audio and media amenities.

The villa also came with its very own private manager and maid.

Samujana’s website describes it as “the perfect place for friends and family to gather and have a great time” and promises guests an “unparalleled luxury experience”.

The villas have up to 1600 sqm of space, king beds in each room and sunny day beds surrounding the pool.

Just hours before Warne was found unconscious, he took to his Instagram to share a view from the villa and wished his followers “good night”.

Local police said Warne had been staying in the villa with friends when manager Andrew Neophitou found him and tried to wake him to eat about 5pm local time, but he wouldn’t wake up.

It is believed he attempted CPR on his friend for 20 minutes before an ambulance rushed to the villa.

Warne was taken to the Thai International Hospital where he was pronounced dead following a suspected heart attack.

Ambulance worker Kittichai Huadmueang told local media Warne was lying on the floor on the bottom level of the villa.

“The friend carried him downstairs and performed CPR. We requested help from Thai International Hospital to transfer him there, but we were told later that the man has passed away,” he said.

“From what we could observe, there was no wound, no sign of struggle.”

“The room was in normal condition. Everything looked normal, as if the victim was just sleeping in the room, kept cool and comfortable with the airconditioning on.”

Chatchawin Nakmusik of the Bo Put police told Reuters that Warne’s friends would be questioned by police.

He said there was no signs of foul play.

The death was confirmed by Warne’s management company early Saturday morning and has rocked the sporting world.

Manager James Erskine released a statement saying the father of three “could not be revived”.

“Shane was found unresponsive in his villa and despite the best efforts of medical staff, he could not be revived,” the statement read.

“The family requests privacy at this time and will provide further details in due course.”

The Warne family also released a statement, saying: “It is with great sadness we advise that Shane Keith Warne passed away of a suspected heart attack in Koh Samui, Thailand today, Friday 4th March.”